The Whatcom County Council is conducting the Whatcom County Comprehensive Plan and the urban growth area (UGA) review, which are both required by the Growth Management Act under RCW 36.70A.130. It is anticipated that the County Council will adopt an ordinance amending the Whatcom County Comprehensive Plan and UGAs by July 2016.
The County Council will hold a public hearing on the Whatcom County Comprehensive Plan on Tuesday, June 28, 2016, at 7 p.m. at the Whatcom County Council Chambers, 311 Grand Avenue, Bellingham. This hearing will give the public the opportunity to provide comments to the County Council relating to the following Comprehensive Plan appendices:
• Appendix A – Glossary;
• Appendix B - List of Acronyms;
• Appendix C – GMA Goals, County-Wide Planning Policies and Visioning Value Statements;
• Appendix D – Bibliography;
• Appendix E - Whatcom County 20-Year Capital Facilities Plan;
• Appendix F – Six Year Capital Improvement Program for Whatcom County Facilities;
• Appendix G – Water Resource & Salmon Recovery Programs (deleting existing Appendix G relating to Transportation Impact Fee Background Information and replacing it with a new Appendix G relating to Water Resource and Salmon Recovery Programs);
• Appendix H - Airport Overlay Zones; and
• Appendix I – Airport FAR Part-77 Imaginary Surfaces.
Draft appendices are posted on the County’s website at: http://www.whatcomcounty.us/1170/Comprehensive-Plan-Updates .
The public is invited to submit written comments and/or attend the public hearing to provide oral comments. Written comments may e-mailed to email@example.com or be submitted to:
Whatcom County Council
311 Grand Avenue
Bellingham, WA 98225
Agendas for future County Council meetings and public hearings on the Comprehensive Plan Update and UGA review will be posted on the County Council website at: http://www.whatcomcounty.us/268/County-Council
Copyright 2015 Whatcom County, Washington. All Rights Reserved.
311 Grand Ave. Bellingham, WA 98225Unsubscribe