Election Workers will be needed to assist the County Auditor’s staff in the upcoming November election. This is a paid position as a temporary worker. Dates needed are October 24 through November 18 and training will be provided. Please complete the below information and submit for consideration.
• Commit to 3 week election period
• Work irregular schedules; extra-long days, full days, partial days, Saturday(s)
• Work well with a team and follow instructions
• Inspect ballots for lengthy periods without vision problems or fatigue
• Sit for hours at a time or stand for up to two hours at a time
• Work independently without distracting others
• Print legibly
• Use calculator, competent in simple math and counting
• Work under scrutiny of political observers
• Lift 25 pounds
• Walk stairs (or comfortable riding in elevator)
• Keep in mind that if you (or an immediate family member) are running for office or you are campaigning for a candidate in this election you will not be eligible to be selected for this election.
• The ballot processing room is located in the basement of the Whatcom County Courthouse. Workers may be required to go through security for access.
• Parking in the lot next to the courthouse is $2.00 per 4 hours, but space is not always available. There is free street parking in the surrounding neighborhood 3 to 5 blocks away.
• There is a break room available with a refrigerator and microwave oven.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field