Child and Adolescent Vaccine Information
The Health Department provides recommended immunizations to children and adolescents less than 19 years of age who:
- Do not have a provider either because the person is new to this area or are changing providers
- Have a provider, but they do not stock State-supplied Vaccine or the specific State-supplied vaccine being requested
- Do not have health insurance (Medicare and Provider One are considered health insurance)
- Have health insurance but:
- Deductible is very high
- Insurance does not cover vaccines
If your child or adolescent meets the above criteria, please call the Immunization Program (360) 676-4593 to schedule an appointment.
Frequently Asked Questions
What shots do my children need?
See the Washington State Department of Health immunization web site for vaccine recommendations.
Do my children need any shots before they attend school or child care?
School and Child Care Immunization Requirements
How much do immunizations cost?
There is no charge for routine recommended vaccines, but there is a $15.00 administration fee per shot and a $12.00 office fee. A sliding fee scale is available based on family size and income. No one will be denied state-supplied vaccine because of inability to pay the administration and office fees.
Where can I get a copy of my immunization record?
You can call to request a copy of your immunization record for any shots given at the health department. For vaccines given elsewhere, contact the health care provider that gave the vaccines. Many health care practices including the Whatcom County Health Department participate in the Washington State Immunization Registry. The Registry, however, may not show all vaccines given.
Where can I get more information about vaccines?
- Contact your health care provider
- Call the health department
1500 North State Street
Bellingham, WA 98225
Telephone: (360) 676-4593
Back to Top