Whatcom Chief Ferry Multi-Ride Passes
Terms and Conditions
- All Sales are final. No refunds or credits will be issued if you purchase the incorrect multi-ride ticket type.
- All fares are round-trip and collected in route from Gooseberry Point to Lummi Island.
- All children under age nineteen (19) have free year round passenger and pedestrian passage. Valid identification may be requested.
- Valid identification may be requested from passengers presenting a discounted ticket.
- Multi-ride tickets are valid until the next fare change. A press release will be sent out including information on unused tickets.
- Any vehicle, bus, motor home, or trailer occupying more than one ferry lane shall be charged a 50 percent surcharge. The surcharge will consist of 50 percent added to the total charge. In addition, vehicles towing over-width trailers shall also be charged a 50 percent surcharge.
- All trucks shall be charged regular round trip rates based on legal license capacity.
- Vehicles over 40,000 pounds need special permission from the captain to board, including a weight slip. Maximum weight limit is 50,000 pounds. Call the Department of Public Works at (360) 676-6876 for further information. Minus tide restrictions may apply.
- Vehicles over fifty-seven (57) feet are not allowed on the ferry.
- Passes purchased via the web are mailed to the shipping address the next business day from the Public Works Administration Office.
- Passes purchased via the website are not available for pick-up aboard the Whatcom Chief.
- Receipts will be emailed to the address entered online during purchase.
Multi-ride tickets are available for online purchase using any of the credit cards shown above. A 2.35% convenience fee of the purchase amount will be charged on all credit card purchases with a minimum fee of $2.00. Whatcom County DOES NOT receive any of the convenience fees charged.
By clicking “NEXT”, I agree to the above terms and conditions.