January 2012 - January 2016
The Treasurer is elected to a 4-year term, non-partisan position.
Efficiently and effectively
collect, report, invest and manage all monies and debt for
Whatcom County, and all other junior and special purpose
districts. Provide exemplary service to all of our customers
by being responsive, courteous, and knowledgeable.
- Responsible for monies of county, cities, port, school
districts, fire districts, cemeteries, public utility districts
and water districts.
- Bill and collect, real and personal property taxes,
due April 30 and October 31.
- Bill & collect, special assessments and fees, for
flood control, road improvement, water and drainage districts.
- Deposit and invest all funds for county and districts.
Provide banking services.
- Collect excise tax on sale, or transfer, of real property
and mobile homes.
- Foreclose on property for delinquent taxes.
- Maintain inventory of county-owned property and conduct
- Collect gambling taxes, 911 taxes, and local gas
tax (Point Roberts).