Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Will my kids use drugs?

Use this Risk Quiz (PDF) to help you determine the level of risk for your children using drugs.

How do I talk to my kids about alcohol?

Use the following brochure about talking to your kids about alcohol:

Does Washington have an Alcohol and Drug Helpline?

In Washington State, the Alcohol and Drug Help Line is 1-800-562-1240. For more information, log on to the Alcohol and Drug Help Line website.

How can I keep my kids drug-free?

You can access the "Keeping Your Kids Drug-Free: A How-To Guide for Parents and Caregivers" (PDF) sponsored by the Office of National Drug Control Policy.


What community resources are available for individuals that may need substance abuse treatment?

Please refer to the treatment section of our website.