Can we have a bounce house at our event?

Bounce Houses and inflatables are only allowed at Hovander Park, with reservation of a picnic area AND with prior approval, insurance, and fees. The following rules for inflatables apply:

  • Bounce House shall be operated in accordance with all applicable rules and regulations, including RCW 67.42 and WAC 296-403A
  • Bounce House must be provided by a Washington State Labor & Industries Certified Amusement Ride Operator Vendor
  • Non-certified, store bought, and private bounce houses are prohibited
  • Both the Vendor and Event Host are required to provide insurance that meets County standards

If you are considering having inflatables, email our office at to receive the complete list of requirements.

Show All Answers

1. Can I decorate the facility I have reserved?
2. Can I bring my dog?
3. Can I bring my own BBQ grill?
4. Can we have a bounce house at our event?
5. Can I play music at my event?
6. Can I have a food truck at my event?
7. What is the cleaning policy for a rental facility?
8. Do I still need a liquor license if we paid the $60 Alcohol Use Fee to Whatcom County Parks?
9. I need to cancel my reservation. Can I get a refund?
10. How do I get the Whatcom County Resident rate when booking a reservation?
11. I want to reserve space to teach a class. What do I need to do?