If I have a complaint about a food establishment who can I call?

If the complaint involves a retail food establishment or a food you purchased for your own use contact our office. If you purchased the food for resale, you can contact our office and we can help determine which other agency you need to contact.

Health Department

Show All Answers

1. Who inspects restaurants, taverns, and grocery stores and how often are they inspected?
2. Who inspects processing plants and places that sell foods wholesale?
3. If I have a complaint about a food establishment who can I call?
4. What should I do if I think a meal I ate made me sick?
5. What is the best thing I can do to prevent food-borne illness at home?
6. Should I prepare food for others when I am ill?
7. Who needs to get a food worker card?
8. Do I need a permit to operate a restaurant, grocery store, tavern or similar facility?
9. I just bought a food establishment business, what permits do I need from the Health Department?
10. I am planning to open a restaurant or other food establishment in Whatcom County, what should I do first?
11. What permits do I need to sell food at a fair, festival, or community event?
12. I have heard the last meal I ate is what caused my foodborne illness (food poisoning), is this true?